SolutionInn Scholarship - Preventing Obesity in USA
Obesity has grown so much that it has replaced smoking as the number one preventable cause of disease in America. Even though obese people have to take responsibility for what and how much they eat, society has not only created obesity but it also discriminates against those affected. The media, food companies, and rapidly advancing technology are all factors that influence not only the increase in obesity rates, but also the psychological state of the obese. Write an essay 400-500 words answering the following questions. How is obesity defined? What are the possible causes of obesity? How can obesity in America be prevented?
- Must be current university student or high school senior entering university in the current calendar year.
- Must be U.S citizen or resident enrolled as a student in U.S.
- Must either be an incoming college freshman for the current academic semester or a current undergraduate of any accredited two or four-year college or university.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited U.S. university.
- Must be maintaining a CGPA of at least 2.50.