The Gorman Scholarship is available to students that have permanent residence in St. Louis City or County. The student must have attained their high school education from a high school located in the CITY of St. Louis NOT in any of the surrounding county. The scholarship is for $1,250 per semester and must be renewed every semester for up-to four year. Students must be pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in engineering at Missouri S&T. This is a need based scholarship and the student must complete a FAFSA each year in order to qualify.The application deadline for fall semester is May 21.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you 1st time applicant for the Gorman or a renewal application?
- By checking the YES in the boxes below, I swear, upon my oath that:
- I am a full-time student currently registered and in good standing, or have been accepted for admission, pursuing an ENGINEERING degree at Missouri University of Science & Technology.
- I am aware that each Gorman Scholarship is NOT automatically or in any way guaranteed to be renewable and that I MUST reapply and establish my eligibility for each semester.
- I give my permission to Missouri University of Science & Technology to provide a copy of my Missouri S&T academic transcript to the Gorman Foundation.
- I have graduated or will graduate from a high school in the City of St. Louis.
- I understand that each Gorman Scholarship award is subject to review and possibly withdrawn at any time without any cause or reason necessary at the sole discretion of the Gorman Foundation Trustees.
- My home or permanent residency is in St. Louis, MO., or St. Louis County, MO.
- Please type your full name as signature that the above statements are understood:
- Scholarship recipients are selected by an external scholarship committee. Please sign your name and current date as an acknowledgment that you understand that your application information will be released to this committee for review.
- 1. Electronic Signature (Type Full Name)
- 2. Today's Date