LMI Aerospace, Inc. is proud to sponsor three $4,750 LMI Aerospace Scholarships. The scholarships are established for the purpose of providing support to undergraduate students enrolled at Missouri University of Science and Technology. LMI Aerospace, Inc., located in St. Charles, MO, is a leading provider of structural components, assemblies and kits to aerospace, defense and technology industries. They fabricate, machine, finish and integrate formed, close tolerance aluminum and specialty alloy components and sheet metal products primarily for large commercial, corporate and military aircraft. The Aerostructures division manufactures more than 30,000 products for integration into a variety of aircraft platforms manufactured by leading original equipment manufacturers and Tier 1 aerospace suppliers. This is an annual scholarship, so recipients may not be selected until August each year when funds are received.
• Be an undergraduate enrolled full time (12 hours per semester) for the 2014-2015 academic year at Missouri S&T. This scholarship will be awarded for the upcoming aid year to one new entering freshman, one sophomore, and one junior (less than 90 credit hours accumulated by Fall 2015).
• Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or greater in high school for entering freshmen or at Missouri S&T for currently enrolled students.
• Have declared their major in aerospace engineering, computer engineering, computer science, engineering management, information science and technology, manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering.
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
• Demonstrate school/community involvement and leadership. Applicants must submit a resume that includes high school/college student activities and community involvement and a brief essay (one page) summarizing their career objectives and long term goals to the Student Financial Assistance Office.
Financial need may be considered if several applicants meet the criteria. Selection of the recipient(s) of the award(s) shall be made by Missouri Science and Technology Student Financial Assistance Office and in accordance with selection guidelines.